Book the cruises that suit you and enjoy an unforgettable experience. These escapades allow you to discover emblematic places such as Fort Boyard and to appreciate the beauty of the islands of the channel.
DISCOVER THE INTER-ISLAND CRUISES OF THE ILE DE RÉ
Do you want to discover differently the tourist sites of the department of Charente Maritime ? Think about including the inter-island cruises in your vacation agenda on the Ile de Ré.
These sea trips will allow you to discover exceptional places such as Fort Boyard and the other islands of the “pertuis” and will be the occasion to make beautiful walks along the wild coasts and the fine sand beaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
Aboard an Inter-iles ferry boat, let yourself be seduced by the beauty of the landscapes of the Ile d’Aix or the Ile d’Oléron or admire more closely the “stone ship” built in the open sea. The cruises are open from the beginning of April until the end of September.
Shuttles remain available on weekends in October, school vacations in February and weekends in March, only if the weather permits. Discover the many Ile de Ré activities, and water sports activities available to delight young and old alike
THE POSSIBLE DESTINATIONS OF YOUR INTER-ISLAND CRUISE
3 destinations are available to you from the port of Saint Martin de Ré. These are the cruises to Fort Boyard, Ile d’Aix and La Rochelle from your Ile de Ré campsite.
The Inter Iles cruise to Fort Boyard includes a walk through the middle of the Antioche channel and the tower of the famous fortress. This tour is commented so that visitors understand the history of the fort, originally designed to protect the royal arsenal of Rochefort.
On the Ile d’Aix, you will have time to admire all the beauty of this wild and multifaceted piece of land. Considered as the pearl of the channel and nicknamed “Aix l’Impériale”, it will reveal an exceptional nature, a remarkable heritage and sublime beaches.
The city of Rochelle also reserves surprising discoveries. The old town, the towers of La Rochelle, the Aquarium, the beaches and bicycle paths and many other discoveries: pacs, museums, shopping await you during your stopover.
ÎLE D’OLÉRON – ÎLE DE RÉ BY BOAT
Cruisers have a choice of 3 departure points:
The walks from Boyardville (Oleron Island) :
- Full or half day tour with commentary of Fort Boyard and stopover on the island of Aix;
- Guided walk around Fort Boyard ;
- Guided walk around Fort Boyard and the island of Aix.
The walks starting from Saint-Denis-d’Oléron (Oléron Island) :
- A day at sea with a commented tour of Fort Boyard, and a double stopover in La Rochelle in the morning, then on the island of Aix in the afternoon;
- Half day (one way) or full day (round trip) ride between Saint-Denis-d’Oléron and La Rochelle.
Cruises from Saint-Martin-de-Ré (Ile de Ré)
- Commented cruise with a tour of Fort Boyard in the morning and a stopover in La Rochelle in the afternoon;
- Commented cruise with a tour of Fort Boyard, and a double stopover on the island of Aix in the morning, then in La Rochelle in the afternoon;
- Half day (one way) or day (round trip) between Saint-Martin-de-Ré and La Rochelle.
STOP ON THE ISLAND OF AIX
There are three packages including a stopover on the island of Aix:
- Cruise from Boyardville (Oleron Island): a half-day or a full-day escapade with a tour of Fort Boyard and a stopover on the island of Aix
- Cruise from Saint-Denis-d’Oléron (Oléron Island): walk with commentary around Fort Boyard, with a double stopover in La Rochelle and then on the island of Aix
- Cruise departing from Saint-Martin-de-Ré (Ré island): escapade with commentary around Fort Boyard with a double stopover on the island of Aix then in La Rochelle.
CRUISE STOPS IN LA ROCHELLE
Three inter-island cruise stops in La Rochelle:
- Cruise from Saint-Martin-de-Ré: guided tour around Fort Boyard in the morning, with a stopover in La Rochelle in the afternoon;
- Stroll from Saint-Martin-de-Ré : escapade with comments around the Fort Boyard with a first stop on the island of Aix and a second one in La Rochelle;
- Tour from Saint-Denis-d’Oléron: escapade with commentary around Fort Boyard with a first stop in La Rochelle and a second one on the island of Aix.
INTER-ISLAND CRUISES : RATES AND INFORMATION
Croisieres Inter-Iles offers you a wide range of sea trips from the Ile de Re. You can choose either a simple trip around Fort Boyard or with a stopover in La Rochelle or with two stopovers on the Island of Aix and La Rochelle. The rates for 2016 are :
24,70 € /adult to Fort Boyard
30,40 € /adult to Fort Boyard with a stopover in La Rochelle
34,50 € /adult to the Island of Aix via Fort Boyard
34,50 € /adult to Fort Boyard with stopovers on the Island of Aix and La Rochelle
15 € /adult for a one-way trip to La Rochelle
Students, teenagers and children can benefit from reduced fares. You will find more information on the schedule and the progress of the embarkations and crossings on the Ile de Re Inter-Island Cruises website.
THE INTER-WING CRUISE, DISCOVER THE LANDSCAPES DIFFERENTLY
Cruising is a unique experience in itself, a way of traveling where the goal is not so much to arrive in time at your destination, but to fully enjoy the different landscapes along the way.
In fact, the cruise allows you to gradually see, like a painting by Cézanne, several sceneries as breathtaking as each other. The crossing at sea is a moment of carefree and quietude, a way to discover and appreciate in a different way sometimes sceneries that we already know.
It is always interesting for example to see in the distance the coasts of the Ile de Ré or the shores of the Ile d’Aix… Depending on your desires or your means, you can choose between different formulas of Inter Islands cruises.
A special agency can propose you for example a promotional cruise, but also a river cruise or a luxury cruise…, just to mention these options.
When we talk about a special agency, we are referring to a company that has a large network of several dozen cruise companies, all experienced in this field.
Among the agencies that are well established, we can mention CentralCruise, which intends to be a reference, relying on the know-how of the thirty-three companies that make up its network.